Majors in Animal Science:
The animal sciences major offers an opportunity to apply animal biology, biochemistry, molecular biology and other life sciences to the study of animal breeding and genetics, nutrition, physiology, growth, behavior and management. The curriculum is extremely flexible and can be applied to a great variety of species...from farm animals to pets, laboratory animals and even some exotics.
Read a complete overview of the Animal Science degree
Minors in Animal Science:
Students declaring a MINOR in Animal Science must arrange for a formal academic advisor in Animal Science at least three semesters before graduating. It is expected that the MINOR will be satisfied by completing at least 15 credit hours of Animal Science courses, the makeup of which will be determined in consultation with the advisor. For example, it is expected that students completing the MINOR will assemble courses (or demonstrate having the equivalent from elsewhere) including basic and applied biology of animals (viz. anatomy, physiology, nutrition, genetics) along with a selection of intermediate or advanced offerings from the Animal Science curriculum.
Undergraduate advising is coordinated by Dr. Jim Giles (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the assistance of Aubrey Whittaker (email@example.com, Telephone: (607) 255-5497). General inquiries about the Animal Sciences undergraduate program should be directed to either of these individuals. Prospective students making contact and/or planning to visit the campus can meet with a member of the faculty to discuss their plans or obtain answers to questions about the program. Such meetings can be arranged by contacting Ms. Whittaker.
- Graduate WITH DISTINCTION IN RESEARCH. This is inscribed on your diploma.
- Work with a Professor at Cornell on an independent research project.
- Experience independent learning and the excitement of research.
- Explore the potential of a career in research (superb preparation for graduate school/programs).
- Contribute to the discovery of new knowledge.
- Improve your problem solving skills.
- Enhance your educational experience and help to make your resume stand out in the crowd!