Back to top

Graduate Program Funding

Master of Professional Studies (MPS)

MPS candidates are responsible for all costs associated with the degree (tuition, insurance, living expenses). The most recent year's tuition rate and estimated living expenses are detailed out on the Office of the Bursar web site. Student loans are available for MPS students; for more information about funding, you can visit the Graduate School web site.   

MS and PhD

All MS and PhD candidates admitted to the Field of Animal Science must be fully funded by:

  1. a departmental assistantship and/or faculty research funds;
  2. an outside fellowship such as Fulbright, NIH, or other government/educational funding agency; or
  3. funding from a private company.

All MS and PhD applicants who have not secured an outside funding source are considered for a departmental assistantship or faculty research funding. Graduate assistantships include full tuition, health insurance, and an annual stipend. Renewal of financial support each semester is contingent upon academic performance constituting good standing in the graduate field and satisfactory performance in any teaching, extension, or research responsibilities.

Outside Funding

To support their graduate education, applicants are encouraged to apply for educational, government and other non-Cornell fellowships such as Fulbright, NSERC, NIH, and CONACYT.