This is a very active chapter of the National Block & Bridle Club, promoting animal agriculture and scholarship at Cornell University. In the fall semester we host both social and academic events. We have gone apple picking, trail riding, and have had game nights as a club. Our goal is to meet the interests of our members, and so we have hosted speakers on topics ranging from intensive sheep grazing to cattle herd management.
The Livestock Show and Barnyard Fun Day is our annual showcase of student animal handling combined with a family friendly outreach event to educate the public about animal agriculture. This event is held on a Saturday during the month of April at the Livestock Pavilion on Judd Falls Road. You can meet the animals, learn at education stations, make crafts, run a stick pony rodeo and get your face painted before watching the hardworking students compete for a blue ribbon! Also watch some Cornell faculty try their best at the pig obstacle course! We hope to see members of campus and greater community there!
Barnyard Fun Day is generally held from 9am - Noon and the Livestock Show is from 1 - 4pm Saturday, March 23, 2019
This event is free to attend but donations are welcome to support the future of this event
Officers - 2018/2019
- President: Christel-Remy Kuck (email@example.com)
- Vice President: Elizabeth Brooks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Livestock Show Chair: Marlie Lukah (email@example.com)
- Treasurer: Madison Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary: Caitlyn Robertson (email@example.com)
- Publicity Chair: Lily-Anne Trainor(firstname.lastname@example.org)